View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 05:10 PM   #1
christinah

Model: 7290
Carrier: Optus
Default Desktop Manager Crash During Calendar Sync with Lotus Notes

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there everyone

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have searched through the other posts but can't quite find a problem like mine.

I have a 7290 and am using Desktop Manager 4.0.0.30. I am using Lotus Notes 6.0

I am trying to synchronise my PIM calendar information. It used to work fine and I do not believe I have changed any settings.

Now - it seems to start the process as the Intellisynch window comes up and it starts reading the records. I reads from the 'first system' then the 'second system' then the whole desktop manager just closes down. No error message or anything, yet the screen of the blackberry still shows
'Connected to Desktop' yet syncronisation has stopped.

I rebooted both the blacberry and my PC. I made sure my Lotus Notes was in island mode. I re-installed the desktop manager software just in case but this did not fix the problem.

Once suggestion given to me was to make sure my Lotus Notes is replicating from my main server, not the backup server. I found out it was replicating to the backup server but I removed that local copy and re-replicated to the main server. It still does not fix the problem.

Please note also that when I read the log, though the date range is 'Appointment Range: From 8/12/2005 To 31/12/2079' (as I have set it up to only copy future appointments) many of the 'inputs from the
second system' are calendar events scheduled for PRIOR TO 8/12/05.

Please help me Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Christinah

Last edited by christinah; 12-12-2005 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: update heading