Old 03-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #41
federgejzla
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9860
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Playbook vs 'The New' iPad

Please Login to Remove!

No, I am not anyone's PR. Don't know how to that. But you sure sound like you are, and perhaps that is why 40% of *your* corporate customers are "switching away from BlackBerrys". I am using all the devices, have had and developed for them for a very very long time. BlackBerrys have their shortcomings but nothing more than any other product.

As for "desperate attempts", PlayBook has apps (of course it didn't have many the day it came out, no product ever did), bridging *is* innovative beyond what seem to be willing to accept, is very useful. Now it has native email for those like you.

And mriff, you have no idea who you are talking to either.

Again, lots of words, "you think you can compare" and "you know what works for you and what doesn't". Still not a single mention of any actual advantage of either device, just playing doen "old PlayBook" vs. "new iPad".

My PlayBook does more for me than iPad does for my iPad friends. I find it curious how much unfair bias there is everywhere against RIM, possibly because it is old stuff and people want to try something new, but still. Had there been more objective information about all products, the market picture would have been a lot different - not necessarily much better for BlackBerry, but definitely not as good for Apple.

I came to this forum recently to see what is going on forums. I usually don't spend time on these things. And I joined this one, as it is supposed to be BlackBerry oriented, hoping to find more people to exchange tons of good stuff. This thread was about the (old) PlayBook and the *new* iPad. You guys, the "veterans" of this forum, turned it into "my dad (Apple) is (now) bigger than your dad (RIM)".

As for whether you will pay for a new BES - if you want the functionality in it for any devices you will manage, you will need something new one way or another. And I am sure, based on your attitude, that you will pay for anything but BES, even if it isn't as good.

You have disclosed that much - thank you. That positions you clearly for others to know how to view your posts, past or future.

Whatever I sound like, views/posts like yours need a lot of balancing and someone needs to do this. Hopefully people will be able to read between your lines and past "you don't need this/that marketing" as I am not going to continue doing this. Had some time past few weeks, getting busy again.
Offline   Reply With Quote