View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
robertfromnz

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default BB 8830. Cannot find and turn off SMS delivery notifications??

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

Could someone please advise a suggestion for the following problem with my BB.

Here are the details:

The phone is BB 8830 which was a Verizon phone used in USA, I now use it in Italy with the service provider called Vodafone Italia.

The problem is that I am not able to turn off 'delivery notifications for text messages'. The result is that I receive a text message (the notification) each time I sent a text. The BB help on the phone says that there is setting to turn of the notifications under OPTIONS > SMS > DELIVERY REPORT. But this setting (ie DELIVERY REPORT) is not there in the OPTIONS > SMS on my phone so it is not possible to turn off notifications as per the BB help?

The help on my phone also says that 'depending on your wireless service provider this option might not appear'

This is what I have done:
1. I have spoken to Vodafone Italia about this and they are say that they do not control the notification setting and that the control is somewhere in the phone.
2. I have searched in other areas in the phone settings for this particular setting and have not discovered anything
3. I have done a hard reset on the phone but that did nothing
4. Searched posts in this forum for a lead but found nothing

Last year I did not experience this problem when I used Vodafone Italia as the service provider.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Robert
Offline   Reply With Quote