Old 01-05-2008, 02:36 PM   #39
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXTLoop View Post
I have a question regarding the preloaded themes. I have a TMO Curve, and I'm getting ready to customize the install to eliminate unwanted apps. Because I'm installing the .180 TMO update, I didn't change the "vendor.xml" file.

Given that my "vendor.xml" file is intact, do I still need to remove all the themes that correspond with the different vendor numbers (such as "net_rim_theme_102a_icon_320x240_b.cod")? Or will App Loader automatically ignore them?

Also, in addition to the other vendor coded themes, I have the following theme files:

net_rim_theme_100_320x240_b.cod
net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b.cod
net_rim_theme_bbdimension_icon_320x240_b.cod
net_rim_theme_bbdimension_zen_320x240_b.cod

The only theme I want remaining on my Curve is the T-Mobile Zen theme. I'm assuming that I would need to leave the "net_rim_theme_bbdimension_zen_320x240_b.cod" and the "net_rim_theme_100_320x240_b.cod" intact to only have that theme?

Also, I've seen some instructions that involve manually removing all the .cod language files before loading the OS onto the BB. Is that necessary? Or is the same thing achieved by simply not selecting those languages in the App Loader Wizard?

Thanks in advance. Still new to the BB experience and trying to figure this stuff out.
Most of the answers to your questions are in my post.

The basic dimension themes can be deleted but many times other themes rely on them for operation so, if deleted, other themes you may install won't work. Give it a try. I recommend leaving them in for the first install. Then you can go back and remove them one at a time and see what happens. If you get a black and white home screen then you'll know you need to put them back.
Offline   Reply With Quote