Old 11-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Default Re: WindowsPhone 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
That's my issue, I just bought a mac book air and am now so integrated with IOS even with a work phone I'm so hesitant to switch right now.
It is actually quite easy to de-integrate. I came from an iPhone 5 and iPad 3 and still have a MacBook Pro and MacBook Air at home. Contacts and calendars on Google, notes were synced to iCloud, and everything backed up to there too. Notes have been my biggest sore spot since leaving my last BES, and the capability to sync in Mountain Lion through iCloud really filled that gap. I have started using OneNote on the phone (which is far more robust than Apple Notes). They sync to Skydrive. I can open notes from OneNote on a Windows PC with Office or through the webapp on my Macs. The other great part is my current job blocks most cloud storage on their network including iCloud and dropbox (my former cloud storage), but they do not block Skydrive.

The other thing I will say is that there is absolutely no substitute for real Microsoft Office on a phone for opening attachments.