View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Any Thoughts on Josh Dugger?

Anyone with kids know that kids sometimes do stupid things. They should be punished and measures should be taken to make sure those things don't ever happen again. That's why there are juvenile laws on the books. I don't know why everyone hates this family because one of their kids did a bad thing. I actually have more respect for the Duggars than I did previously. I could have easily put in place all the precautions they put in after the fact but I don't know that I could have taken my son to the police station, however, these parents did just that and did everything they were supposed to do. They handled the situation very well.

Now they're being punished for doing the right thing. In my opinion there is no hypocrisy there. This whole thing was (illegally) leaked just to "get back" at some Christians who (it seems like more and more) people don't agree with.

...and before someone goes on about hypocrisy, keep in mind that if one had to be perfect in order to believe in and teach Christianity, there would only be one person ever in the history of the world that could ever teach it. We strive to be perfect, we try to teach others and help others to be perfect, but we all fail--even the pope, pastors, and other ecclesiastical leaders, and yes, even the Duggars. It doesn't mean we still shouldn't try and spread the word for others to try along with us.

Last edited by John Clark; 06-10-2015 at 04:44 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote