View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #10
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly_Rogers View Post
This is my first time ever owning a blackberry and I've never been through so much crap in my entire life.Ive only owned it for 4 months and within that time span I've already went through 12 (now 13) blackberry's because of the defect within the device.The 10th time was because I lost it on the bus.
Yeah, it's RIM's fault that you lost your device on the bus.

Quote:
First couple of times it was the battery.I told the verzion guy that my phone won't charge via the pc. He said "ya sometimes it won't work,you have to use the one that it comes with." I told him,i use the PC one because the one that it comes with along with my three other extra chargers that i purchased, won't charge the bb.(BB's destroyed: 4)
You need to have the drivers on your laptop/PC in order for the device to charge. There was nothing wrong with the device. No reason it shouldn't charge.
Quote:
Then it magically deleted all the contacts,dates,task's and everything not saved on the sim card.(BB's destroyed: 3)
Three BlackBerry devices did this? I would say that would be due to memory related issues. You stated below that you purchased many applications, this would also lead me to believe that it is memory related. Also, only contacts can be stored to the SIM, nothing else. If you were referring to the media card, none of those items can be stored there.

Quote:
I'm trying to upgrade the OS through blackberry manager,but something is corrupting the information on the BB causing me to get another one.(BB's destroyed: 2)
If you would have followed the steps provided many times on this forum and in the FAQ, you would know that you can update via Loader.exe that comes with the OS and you don't need DM. Also, this wouldn't cause you to need to replace your device. I have recovered MANY BlackBerry devices when the OS upgrade wouldn't go through the first time.
Quote:
Ive tried using it as an alarm clock and It didn't ring at all.That cost me my Job.I even tested it to see if I just didn't wake up,so I set it to ring within the next two minutes.Nothing.(BB's destroyed: 1)
To me, it seems that a setting wasn't set correctly.
Quote:
This amazing battery life that I keep reading about apparently does not exist in this phone.After a few short hours of texting and using the GPS its dead.I tried using the FAQS in the help article and it still didn't do anything
Leaving the GPS on for hours will certainly drain your battery quickly as well as many 3rd party apps. Obviously you didn't read the FAQ's closely as they clearly state to close out of all 3rd party applications.

Quote:
Most of the good apps you have to pay for it.So I spent quite a bit on apps alone,not including
This is what leads me to believe you were low on memory.
Quote:
Then the ball doesn't work anymore,no response what so ever(BB's destroyed: 1)
The trackball can be cleaned (using steps listed on this forum many times) and this usually fixes trackball related issues 90% of the time. If not, it can be replaced for ~$10. No need to replace the device.

Quote:
I use to keep telling myself "no..no RIM is awsome Iphone sucks....its just me" until my beloved blackberry for no apparent reason refused to turn on (BB's destroyed: 1)
Not enough information to go off of here. Could have been a battery related issue.
Quote:
Next,it refused to work with my Pc. So all the important pictures,videos and documents on the phone has to be send via email. (BB's destroyed: 1)
Sounds like Mass Storage Mode wasn't enabled. A simple settings switch could have fixed this. Again, no need to replace your BB.
Quote:
So...in short I really hate blackberry.
Ive never been more disappointed with any other phone in my entire life. I use to be one of those die hard bb fans,before I actually got one.Defending its name and telling people how the iphone is just a large
All of these issues seem user related IMO. I have had the same device as well for over 2 years and never had to replace the device. Never had these issues. You have been a member of this forum for over a year and your first post is telling us all of the issues that you've had and why you had to replace the BB 14 times or so. Not once did you ask anyone here for assistance or ideas on how to help solve your issues. I am pretty confident that you could still be on device #1 (minus losing the device on the bus) if you would have asked for assistance.

The bottom line here is that you're not happy with BlackBerry devices. No one here is telling you to stay with it. If it's not working for you or not the device for you, there are plenty of other choices out there. Go find a device that works well for you.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]

Last edited by jsconyers; 04-12-2010 at 07:56 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote