View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 09:40 AM   #46
shampoo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

I am using Google Hosted Domains (Google Apps) and was losing mail. 90% of the mail arrived, 10% didn't.

So I switched to Yahoo. Same thing.

So I switched to plain Gmail. Same thing.

However, what I was doing was either changing DNS records (MX) or just forwarding.

The problem was that I wasn't waiting long enough for all the DNS servers to be updated. That, and RIM appears to have issues with forwarded mail from other servers that aren't listed in RIM.. At least that's what my testing showed.

Rule of thumb, go simple. So start with the simplest of all setups. Delete all your accounts from BIS. All of them.

Create your blackberry.net address. Don't change the reply to headers.

Then test. If that doesn't work, call your carrier. That should work. If it doesn't, it's 100% RIM's fault.

Next, add a new GoDaddy account. Make sure no one else makes reference to it. No forwards to it or forwards from it. No auto forwards or BCC's. Go with simple. Don't change the reply to's. Leave it plain vanilla.

Test that. If that doesn't work, then your issue is with GoDaddy. I'd want to see the headers of those failed messages.

If it works, add another layer of complexity. Keep doing that until failure or it passes. But never change more then one variable at a time. If you add autoforwards, wait 72hrs for them to fully take effect.

But I bet a sack of hockey pucks the bug is not with RIM or your carrier but somewhere in your MTA or DNS setup.

Good Luck

J
Offline   Reply With Quote