View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile 2001-2007, AT&T 8/26/07 ->
Default Company switching from POP to Exchange, now what?

Please Login to Remove!

I have never used exchange in my life before, I liked the POP the way it is both on my desktop and on my blackberry. I kept copies of my e-mails on server for 3 days and I got everything everywhere with enough time.

Now, the company just wrote to me, they are changing servers, and employees with blackberries will get Exchange and BES.

My question is this; how does Exchange work? Do I have to keep all my e-mails and address book on server? If we have, let's say 2GB space on server, what happens to older e-mails? I guess we still have to keep PST folders in our computer somehow. How about contacts? Do I have to keep my contacts on Exchange server? I always have notes, attachments, etc on my contact list notes section, so I would rather have my contacts local.

Lastly, how does this affect blackberry? Do I have to change my plan with AT&T from BIS to BES? I logged into my account, I don't see any option for BES.

I would appreciate if someone can help with a crash course on Exchange with Outlook or point me in the right direction so I can take advantage of the new server.