View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 11:54 PM   #14
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
rcg, what has convinced you that the Plantronics M3500 is the best? Can you be more specific. I know you have tried most of the units so what makes this one stand out? Have you tried it with the 7250, 7100, 7520 and 7290? Is there a difference when you try different phones? Do you reccomend a particular headset for a specific phone?

How about size, weight and comfort?

BJ,

The m3500 has the best fidelity of any of the headsets I have tested - and you know I have used the most popular ones. Most of the time the calling party has no clue I'm on the headset and it's noise canceling is quite good! I look for fidelity first. That falls under clarity(freq. Response), signal-to-noise, dynamic range and noise canceling. Comfort is a very personal issue so it's hard to tell people what to wear. I figure I have medium ear size. The m3500 is not the most comfortable I have tried but for hour or less session its fine.

We are trying to develop a protocol for recommendations of "this phone and that headset" but some of these issues seem almost handset specific. For example one user may say the HS850 is awesome with a BB7520 but another user says "I had to smash it because of echo'. I think it may be time to have a BT forum on the board.

We are currently using SEt637, BB7100t and GSM Treo 650 for testing. I just ordered a v551 moto and one of our staff has a BB7520. This gives a reasonable cross section of popular devices but as I said some of these issues almost seem Handset specific.

I have read your reviews of various models and agree with many things you wrote. As you point out some of your nits may be personal preference, others real world performance testing.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot