View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 03:53 AM   #7
JavaBrat

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz1129 View Post
I just did the upgrade tonight. It has rebooted on me once so far. And the update took like 30 min.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Good luck! Hopefully it won't cause you as many problems as it has myself and a few others I have talked to.

On another note...

I talked to Verizon tech support yesterday and after explaining the issues several times I was told that the Bedside Mode has been a frequent issue with the update. They also stated they were going to use my "number" when reporting the issue to RIM, whatever that means. As for most of the other issues I was fed BS, however, they did state that my issue with the speaker popping and the device rebooting itself at random sounded more like hardware issues. Apparently they think its just a coincidence that these things started immediately after updating to .973. But they did say they're going to ship me a replacement device with the most up to date software already installed and I should get it Tuesday. I of course was not going to argue, so I'll wait and see if it has the same issues when the update is install by "professionals".

So we will see