View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #16
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T
Default Re: iPhone's new Siri vs. Vlingo Plus for BlackBerry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
True, Vlingo isn't bad. Siri is just on a different level. Siri is much easier to use because you don't have to think about what you want to say. Just say it, and Siri will figure it out. Nevertheless, when RIM finally gets around to releasing Vlingo Plus for free (what in the world is taking so long for RIM to release these apps anyway), I'll definitely be adding it to my collection.
We're basically in agreement, Siri is on a different level. I'd argue, though, that its not really "much easier to use" because honestly, if I'm locked out, the first thing that would occur to me to say to either app would be "locksmith", not "I'm locked out." If my car quits on the road, the first thing I'll think to say would be "towing service", not "my car quit" (and I'm not sure Siri would handle that correctly anyway - wonder if it would summon towing, auto repair shops, or what?

Siri's on a whole different level with respect to wow factor. But for everyday usability and productivity, Vlingo is awfully close though - for me.

I already have enhancement thoughts/requests - it would be nice to have options to make it aware of other apps.
Offline   Reply With Quote