Old 12-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #10
msteadman

Model: 900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3stat
The RHS convenience button is two-step, just like a camera's because it's designed for that purpose. Can't remember where I read that from. I'm wondering if a firmware change could fix that, that is, have the convenience key launch the selected app on the "first stage press", as opposed to the current "second stage".
You're quite right. The first press focuses the camera (assuming you're already in the camera app) and the second press takes the pictures (or opens the camera app if it is currently closed).

I assume this could be fixed through a firmware upgrade since the first press is being registered as something; but will it? I doubt it since RIM configured the phone this way on purpose. Of course I could be proven wrong

The 9000's camera is fixed focus, thus no 2-step process. Can anyone who has used an 8900 or Tour confirm that its right convenience key behaves in a similar fashion?

Regardless though this is definitely not a matter of quality control unless you're depressing the right convenience key through both steps and the camera app is still not coming up every time. Keep in mind you can re-assign the camera to be activated by the left convenience key which is not 2-step button.

Last edited by msteadman; 12-11-2009 at 07:36 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote