View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 04:35 AM   #9
leicashot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

I'm on my second unit myself. After walking out of the store I noticed my J and K keys didn't work.

I used to own a 9000 and now a 9700. While I prefer the smaller form factor and tighter battery cover, I don't appreciate the smaller screen and keyboard. I wouldn't say i've had troubles with the keyboard, but, I've had to slow down a little to ensure accuracy.

Also I'm not convinced the trackpad is better than the ball. The ball, when working seemed much more accurate. The level of accuracy of the trackpad depends on your hands level of dryness/sweatiness. One things for sure, the long term reliability should be better as dirt can't get into the trackpad.

The one thing I do appreciate is the battery life of this baby. After only the first charge it has lasted 2 full days of use, not crazy use but maybe 120 emails and 2 hours of talktime.....being probably 20% better than the 9000.

Admitedly, as much as I love the new white 9000 I think I will stick with the 9700 and buy a used white 9000 for a backup phone as I just really like the keyboard and screem size...and may just switch back in time. So, do I recommend the 9700 as an upgrade?

Yes: If you want a smaller form factor and better battery life.

No: if you prefer the best keyboard and screen size. I also think the Bold 9000 looks more professional.

I actually think the BOLD 9700 is more like a 3G Curve 8900 than a Bold 9000, so those BOLD owners who didn't like the Curve should probably hold out with their Bold 9000's.

Last edited by leicashot; 11-19-2009 at 04:40 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote