View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
jdbrechtel

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Need WiFi help bigtime! BB Pearl 8120, T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, first post here. I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse with anything I'm about to explain. I'm just in continuous frustration after plenty of research and attempts and needed to state my specifics.

Thanks in advance for any tips or insight and for reading this lengthy post!

I had to buy a new router recently, I bought a Linksys WRT54G2 router version 1.5. I've had very minimal success with my Blackberry WiFi Internet connection (no data plan w/ T-Mobile), both through the standard hotspot browser and Opera Mini 4.2. I've tried plenty of reconfigurations of my router and setting changes to make the BB Internet work. I have no problem connecting to the router with my laptop.

Current settings...

I have updated to the latest/greatest firmware of the router - Ver.1.5.01 Build 8.

Mixed Wireless Network Mode (not B-only or G-only). I've tried just G-Only.

Wireless Channel 6 (I've tried channel 2 and 3).

Wireless SSID Broadcast is enabled (haen't ever tried to disable it)

WPA2 Personal Security, TKIP+AES Algorithms (have also used WEP and just AES Algorithm)

Disabled MAC Filtering (also have enabled it in the past)

I have not tried to restrict any Internet access to any source (separate item on my router from the MAC Filtering).

I have not messed with Gateway or Ports (yet) even though I've read something about them, specifically Ports 500 and 45? Or something similar.

Anything else I am failing to considering?
Offline   Reply With Quote