View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
magstar

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Outlook Calendar synchronization problem

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BB Curve 8310 that I synchronize to my MS Outlook on a Vista PC. My BB Desktop Manager is version 4.5.0.15. My BB 8310 is running v4.2.2.163 (Platform 2.5.0.24). I transferred my entire calendar (over 2,200 entries) that was accumulated over the past several years from my previous Palm device. I wish to retain my entire calendar history so that I can search back to determine when I performed certain activities in the past. I set the Outlook Calendar synchronization parameter in the Desktop Manager to retain all Calendar entries and verified that it has remained set in that manner. I find that each day when I resynchronize my BB with my PC, the Desktop program wants to delete most of my calender history as it thinks it is removed (or outdated) on the BB. The resync program requests whether I want most of this history deleted. If I accept the default I will lose this history. Instead, I select the "resync" option and it reloads what it thinks was deleted entries on the BB and I do not lose the history. If I resync another time in the same day, it works fine and does not request to delete the history. However, the next day it wants to delete the history again. This is annoying behavor and I am concerned that one time I will make a mistake and unintentionally remove all of my calendar history. Why is it behaving this way and is there some settings somewhere that I can set that will allow the BB to retain the calendar history by default?
Offline   Reply With Quote