View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
silks

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default Is Curve worth it without corporate mail?

Please Login to Remove!

I know everybody loves their BB's on here, but I'm in a unique situation. Two things:

1) My company has lots of BB support, but they require each team to pay for access to the BB Enterprise Server. My team doesn't need BB's, so there's no reason for my manager to pay for access since it's a 100% luxury. Therefore, no corporate email for me...
2)...even if I had one of the "approved devices", which for AT&T (who I want to switch to) is the Pearl/8100 and the 8800. Note: no Curve/8300 on that list.

I love the Curve as a device (my only complaint is that it doesn't do 3G and Wi-Fi, but I doubt I'll miss that). I lust for one. However, without corporate email support, am I just wasting my time? Is there another phone that would suit me better if corporate email is not a factor?

I've also looked at the Cingular 8525, but it's a brick, isn't cool-looking in the least, and I've read so-so reports in regards to its durability. However, it does have 3G and it does a ton of stuff.

In my perfect world, I'd have a Curve that would have 3G, Wi-Fi, and I'd be able to get my corporate mail with it. Oh yeah, and my boss would graciously pay for it. But that won't happen

-silks