View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 07:10 AM   #1
riy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default Bold And ATT and 3g, a different kind of prob.

Please Login to Remove!

I am on my 2nd bold in week. My issue is the bold seems to try to hold 3g and drops calls. Here are the details.

In my office I have full coverage. With my previous curve on edge and now the bold on 3g. If I move to a different room my coverage drops to anywhere from -85 to -96 db and hangs on to 3g. Problem is, I get numerous call failed when calling out and dropped calls. The few times the bold swtches to edge, NO problems whatsover with the same signal strength. I know 3g is not supposed to penetrate bldgs as well as edge but this is crazy. Same signal strength (except fluctuates wildly on 3g), same location, same phone, total difference being able to make and keep calls. Since there is no option for edge on ATT not sure what to do. Calling ATT will only result in numerous battery pulls etc. which I've already done. FYI when I do a battery pull, phone pulls in 3g. Again, 3g is fine while in my office (2nd floor by window -70db). Problem is when I move into a lower level room.

Strange thing is other posts on this issue seem to be more along the lines people can't hold onto 3g signal. Mine is the opposite and because the 3g fluctuates wildly, I have call issues.

I've only had the bold for a week and have not really noticed this anywhere else but again when I'm out, I'm not constantly checking for edge, 3g, etc.

FYI, I tried an iphone about 1 1/2 months ago and 3g wouldn't show up in my office. I was very suprised to see the 3g on the bold. Tower must have been just recently converted.

Should I switch back to curve. I would hope since I'm still within my 30days (bought curve full retail, then upgraded to bold exception upgrade, swapped for 2nd bold, I would still be able to return the bold and go back to curve???
Offline   Reply With Quote