View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
LogicinMotion

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Verizon StormII 9550 on T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Hello! I'm new here, and would like to request some assistance if I may.

I am a T-Mobile user and was using a droid phone until it died recently. I switched to a t-mobile blackberry curve I have and was immediately pleased. This phone worked on the internet and all phone services with the usual $50 per month plan. I then purchased a Blackberry StormII, 9550 model. This is originally a Verizon phone which I had unlocked to use on T-Mobile.

So far so good I thought. But alas, although the phone works, and it can send and receive text, the internet portion is unavailable to me. My phone connects to the 'edge' network, and when I try to use any net services it tells me I need a wifi connection. So from what I can understand this is because the phone is a verizon phone and does not have the correct network layer 'books' from t-mobile.

Here is my question. I see that people have enabled none t-mobile stormII phones to work on t-mobile via a process to re-install the OS and remove the web daemon, etc. But part of this process stipulates that you must have the blackberry data plan which I do not have.

So, without the blackberry data plan, is there no way to make this work on t-mobile?

Any assistance is very gratefully received.
Offline   Reply With Quote