View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
SchmutzBerry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Evil Mr. Rogers

2 months ago I switched to the Mac and have been very happy with it. a much superior experience. however, .mac sucks. really. there are better services. and they will prob be better blackberry compatible. why .mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_az
I'm thinking about making the plunge to a Mac, as well as .mac service (currently am sick of my PC!). I do have some questions. I see that some of them have already been addressed in this forum, and from what I have read I take it that Missing Sync's Blackberry/Mac solution is far and away the best way to sync the two.

Here's a question - does .mac email, which is IMAP, offer 2 way sync with my blackberry? this may be a dumb question, but I have only ever dealt with pop3 email, which never really helped my situation. I'm not really sure about how IMAP works as I have never used it, but as I understand it, it operates 2 way syncing (meaning if I write an email on my BB it will show in my sent folder when I access it via my Mac at home, etc.) I love my BB, but I use BIS, and so at times the capabilities are limited. I want total email sync! Does .mac mail support this and work properly? I am jealous of my friends who have BES, because theirs seems to work so much more seamlessly.

Also, another question. I know the issues of providers vary greatly, but I currently am thinking of switching to either T-Mobile or Cingular to get an 8700. Anyone have any positives or negatives comparing the two? I live in Phoenix AZ but travel frequently (mainly only to large metro areas and internationally). I despise poor customer service but also understand that you get what you pay for. Any suggestions?

And, finally, if .mac email doesn't work seamlessly (2 way sync, etc.) with a BB, does anyone know of any good email programs that do?! I love Gmail and am sad to leave but until they offer true 2 way sync, I can't use them. I know they offer that program that you can download but I don't want that. Rumor mill was that Yahoo offered 2 way sync, but who knows.

Thanks!