View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
ttowles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint
Default 9700 to Epic Android back to Torch?

Please Login to Remove!

Here is my delimma:

I used an ATT 9700 Bold 2 for 1.5 years (BB user for 5+ yrs)
I had the old unlimited ATT plan $69 + 39 for BB data usage, which ticked me off to have to pay that.
I use ~1700 minutes per month and maybe <500M data.
I have 8000+ contacts.

Recently I decided to try an Android phone to see what all the fuss is about...

Here are my rambles:
BB 9700 Bold 2
A Great business tool. Emailing and calling and contact management is superb and very easily done.
No lagging, push a button get a response.
Battery would last me an entire day almost every day. Maybe had a dead battery 5 times per year when I forget to charge at night.

Android/Epic 4G/ Sprint -
Spent a week trying to get my contacts exported-imported into Google contacts. Finally that is done.
However, there is a significant delay/lag when I type in a name or try to find someone that I need to communicate with. Then there seems like it takes 2-3 extra button pushes each time I need to communicate - phone, email, text, etc
>> Biggest issue for me is battery life. I am trying a ton of tricks on the Epic to get life - Various App Killers and Battery saver apps...no luck.

Soooo, I am considering switching back to the ATT 9800 Torch.
Questions for the Forum:
> How does Torch 9800 battery life compare to 9700 or Epic
> is the usage of the slideout almost as convenient as the 9700? Or is ity a pain like the Epic?
> How is the 9800 Keyboard?
> Are there some good apps like Android on the Torch (like a golf yardage, skype, games, etc)
> How is the touch?

I NEED it to be a great business tool, but I WANT it to also be fun to use and play with too!

Thanks!
Ttowles