View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #223
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL904 View Post
Signal Location Utility is a great application! Thanks for providing it to us RemyJ.

Here are a couple of details regarding my current connection that I would like to see added:
  • Frequency band (850, 1900, 1700/2100)
  • Distance and direction from My location to cell site
  • Markers on map from My Location and Cell site with connecting line between the two
Let me check on frequency. I may be able to derive it from the channel number but the API doesn't expose it directly.

Distance and direction are displayed if both the lat/lon of the cell site and the current location are available. It's the last line of the main screen. Double check your font size and make sure it's not pushed off the screen.

Good idea on showing both markers. I'll add it.

Quote:

I would also like an application that listed information regarding other network towers in the area that would display:
  • Operator name and Mobile Network Code
  • Frequency band (850, 1900, 1700/2100, etc.)
  • Technology (GSM, Edge, WCDMA, etc.)
  • Location (Latititude and longitude)
  • Signal strength

I am currently using a program called "CellFinder" on my T-Mobile G1 (Android) phone. That application has several of those features. You can read more about CellFinder at GoogleCode and Codeastrophe.
Unfortunately, the API doesn't expose any information about neighboring cell sites. CellFinder's got the same problem.

Quote:

Also, a question about SignalLoc: In Network Details on my 9000, it shows the carrier as "AT&T." However, in the fields for MCC and MNC, it shows 784 and 1040. Shouldn't those fields contain 310 and 380?

Again, I really appreciate your good work, RemyJ! I hope you find some ideas for future enhancements from this post.
Yep, I never noticed that. The values are correct but should be displayed in hex instead of decimal. I'll fix shortly.
Offline   Reply With Quote