View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #55
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: What Apps Are You Desperately Missing on The Z10?

Chase has confirmed that there will be no banking app for BB10. In fact they have pulled Chase Banking for ALL BlackBerrys. They will continue to support Android and iOS, and have said I should simply use the web browser interface.

I miss my Starbucks app as I find myself there multiple times each day. As a workaround I brought up the barcode screen on my iPhone, took a pic of that with my Q10, and it works perfectly to pay with my Starbucks card. I don't get the info the real app provided, of course, like balance and rewards status, but that's no biggie. I can look that up on the web browser if I feel the need. Since I have auto-reload enabled there is nothing pressing that I must see. And on the plus side I don't get those annoying Starbucks notifications for "pic of the week", etc. I had all that disabled on my iPhone's SBX app but I continued to receive them anyway. A glitch they said.

I'd like address book fields to be smarter like they are on the iPhone. The iPhone knows when you're in the zip code field and shows you the numbers keypad instead of making you switch. BlackBerry should do this as well - just enable Alt when you're in the zip code field. They already do that with phone numbers fields. I also like how the iPhone capitalizes BOTH letter when you're entering a state into the contact field for addresses. Maybe I'm just sensitive about this minor point because I just rebuilt my contacts database on my device before wiping it again. These are extremely minor points I would like to see addressed.
Offline   Reply With Quote