View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:52 PM   #15
austinholloman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8790
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: So many apps are missing for OS-6!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinholloman View Post
These are facts. RIM is a huge player in this game, they have pull and should have used it before OS6 hit the sales floor. Period.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
^^^Fixed. I was typing on my BB. This thread has really got off topic, the point is: Where the heck are all these apps and why did RIM release a NEW OS with so many major players lacking support??? And why did they claim they would be more aggressive in releasing the supper apps? Like Netflix, flash player for their browser etc. Why are they claiming to go after these things and not having the simple apps from their old OS work at all? Just seems very odd to me.

Save and learn this-

RIM promises to soothe BlackBerry app developers' woes, says 'we're so there' -- Engadget

Put these facts in your pipes and smoke them.

"There's no question that the BlackBerry App World hasn't been quite the runaway success RIM hoped it would be, but the company is far from ready to throw in the towel, and it's now promising some new measures to woo new developers and make the lives of current ones a bit easier. Some of those initiatives have already been rolled out -- like new payment options -- while others including a free analytics service will become available to developers in the coming weeks and months. As RIM's head of application development, Alan Brenner, explains to The Wall Street Journal, RIM has been working for the past two years to make BlackBerrys more developer friendly, and he now says that "we're so there." They may not be quite as close as they think, however, as the WSJ also spoke to a number of developers who used words like "horrible" to describe the current state of things, while leading mobile game developer PopCap Games even went so far as to say that "RIM today is not really on our radar."" From link above ^^^
Offline   Reply With Quote