View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 10:54 PM   #54
lpgordon

Model: 8700
Default Looking For True Synch Without BES

It seems like every possible question has been answered in this thread, but I haven't seen someone with quite the same problem as me. If I missed something please let me know.

I recently bought an 8700 from Cingular. I don't have BES (and work won't be adding it) and can't use the desktop redirector. So I opted for the internet service option.

The problem I see with it is that it doesn't do a true synch with my corporate exchange server. For example if I delete a message off my Blackberry it won't delete it off the server. Also, I have it set up to send from my work email address. However, and RIM support told me this, it isn't really sending from my work email address but "tricks" the system into looking like it does. The email is actually sent from my cingular blackberry address.

My question is; is there a simple imap4 client for the 8700. Something that I can synch with my server at work? This is how I did it with my old phone, an Audiovox running Windows Mobile.

I just want to synch to my work email. And truly send emails from my work email.

Is this possible? I love the Blackberry and want to keep it, but I need a better way of sending email.

Thank you

Louis