View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
JeffAlan66

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Cool UPDATED RC-Fix (v2) - Remote Contrast Fix for Visually Impaired / Legally Blind

> RC-Fix v2 (Remote Contrast Fix) < (MAJOR UPDATE Version 2).

For those of you who are visually impaired / legally blind and use the Blackberry Bold (9000), Here is what you've been looking for in order to do what Reverse Contrast & large fonts settings on the Bold does NOT do.

This theme will darken the home / application / phone and other areas that Reverse Contrast does NOT.

It also enlarges fonts in those areas that the Blackberry does NOT enlarge.

This is free, but a donation no matter how modest would be nice. I spent the last few days ignoring my family to put this together. This nerd needs to take them out on the town sometime this week.

See the README.txt included with the files.

This was tested on my Blackberry Bold running the latest version of the OS (downloaded 3/10/09). I am not responsible for any problems that this may cause. It's better than not having any option.

Version 2 was updated from the original to include the following enhancements ...

1. Home screen revised to show today-type format with large captions next to icons (vertical format).

2. Applications menu was reorganized into something that makes a little more sense for squinties like me.

3. "Standard" & "All_Yellow" versions of this theme are included. Pick the one that best suits you vision. Note that Yellow is used for the Home options on both themes. The number of captions would otherwise be blinding for anyone against black. Also note that using Reverse Contrast makes it so that open
emails and things like that will be white on black. The message list will be yellow if you pick that theme. Howeveer, the theme has editor provides for no control over what happens to things like opened messages. No matter, this is still an improvement, wouldn't you say?

4. Enlarged the time on the home menu and did away with Unread (it appears anyway next to "Messages").

5. Other minor bug fixes and tweaks to make things as consistent as possible.

If only I had an editor for some of the applications that the "Plazmic" does not yet support for the Bold.

[B]Credits to the theme editor, "Plazmic Theme Editor".

Jeff
Attached Files
File Type: zip RC-Fix_v2.zip (437.2 KB, 252 views)
Offline   Reply With Quote