View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
widorrah
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Digicel
Unhappy Bricked 8320

Please Login to Remove!

After 2 years and 8 months...my BB 8320 is startin to behave like most other BBs I've ever had to look at - unresponsive for no apparent reason. Now here's the irony, I've managed to fix all BBs I've ever looked at...and now that MINE has major issues, I can't seem to figure it out!

On the weekend I decided to reload my OS, cause my cam wasn't working. I figured I've done this so many squillion times that I could do it in my sleep...so I did. I left it to load Saturday night.

Woke up Sunday morning to find that the process stopped at 'Load JVM and system software'.
Apparently there's some kinda 'communication error' that interrupts the loading process. (good thing I backed up before doin anything)
The LED flashes when unplugged from the PC: two quick flashes every few seconds.
There's no noticeable booting process either when I do a battery pull.

When plugged to the PC, Windows tells me that the device may have malfunctioned. JL_Cmder also reported that it was unable to open port.

I've tried other OSs, but now it just sits a quarter of the way through 'Load JVM and system software', and nothing's happening. It's been there for over an hour now.

Help please...
Offline   Reply With Quote