View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
hockey2k5

Model: 8230
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Help! No Ringtone Option Available in Profiles!

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Pearl 8230 on Verizon, and I deleted the Blackberry Sample Media application yesterday thinking it'd free up more memory to help with device lag overall.

Now I've just discovered that when I receive a notification like an SMS text, my previously set song from my media card doesn't play.

I tried to fix it by just going into the profiles menu, but now there's just an empty space for choosing the "Ring Tone" between "Out of Holster" and "Volume." There's simply nothing to choose! It's just blank space.

I still have my music and media files all there, and they play accordingly b/c I can still have a music ringtone set, but all my notfication sounds that came w the phone pre-loaded, including the option to look in my Media Card just aren't there anymore. I didn't realize these were "samples" that I deleted.

I have Desktop Manager and have checked for all available updates for OS and apps, but it doesn't look like any new OS is available for me, and, of course, I didn't back up my apps anywhere before this... :(

Is there any way to restore the Sample Media app that I deleted? I want my sounds back and the option to choose from my media files. I'm pretty sure that's what's caused this problem.

Thanks so much for any help!
Offline   Reply With Quote