View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #3
llewellen

Model: Leap
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Default Re: Email Folder Synch

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think it is not a password issue. I spent a VERY LONG time chatting with a Shaw rep about this. In the end I reset all of my passwords and the Shaw rep confirmed that the new ones satisfy all Shaw protocols for their webmail service.

Then reloaded all of my email accounts on the BB using the new passwords. Used BB's automatic setup. All email functionality works correctly, except this issue of not being able to control synching of the 5 folders at the top of the list. They are: Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Junk, Trash). These are greyed out and not accessible. Three of them (Inbox, Sent and Drafts) are toggled on.

The Shaw rep thinks that the problem is at the BB end. He says that all email clients (including BB native email) need these minimum 5 folders to be able to function. Apparently, BB 10 does not distinguish between what it needs at its end and which folders to synch and download from a remote source.

Not a huge issue. Just some extra clutter in Hub and some extra (albeit quite minimal), wasted data download that I don't want to have to pay for.
Offline   Reply With Quote