View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #20
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhekman
Actually, I've just about given up on this forum specifically due to these all too frequent responses. I don't say this to be rude, just to let you know that these responses do lower the friendliness of this site compared to others. My experience with forums is that they are friendly places where someone who is totally lost can come and look AND ask for advice without getting a rude response. This is the only forum I participate in where I have seen such a level of annoyance at people who simply ask for help. I thought this site would be a good place for advice on my BB, but lately I've been searching elsewhere because I'm just tired of the negative attitude that seems to accompany so many responses to well intentioned posts.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude here although it may come across that way, but my advice to the moderators would be to tone this down some and make this a friendlier site where someone doesn't have to be afraid of asking for advice. Just my 2-cents!
I'd like to see an example of where someone has asked for advice specifically and been treated rudely? I will never answer an 'asking for advice' question rudely. I will give an opinion. Where I have little patience is people who ask how do I do blah. where the question has been answered many times over.

cd.