View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 02:47 PM   #19
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmac49
If people get annoyed and leave - too bad that's their problem. Being rude is not acceptable.
Instead of demeaning someone for asking an often posed question. Just provide a reasonable answer, a pointer or -at least - a link to follow.
Hopefully these people who have so little patience are not parents.
I don't think it's being rude at all... I think it's being proactive... how many times do you ask your wife or girlfriend to get you a beer while you sit on your fanny before she tells you to stop being lazy and do it yourself...

People who say the more knowledgable people just shouldn't answer don't understand the amount of time we spend reading through redundent posts asking the same thing over and over.

I used to answer many questions, I still answer a few, but not as many as before, and for 1 simple reason. I give myself 15 minutes a day to go through here reading and answering. I am sure that the 12 minutes I spend reading through questions that have already been answered would let me answer a few more legitimate questions, but thems the breaks right.

I have no problem contributing, but I am not in the business of spoon feeding lazy people. Everyone here who lurks and reads and learns great, I have no problem with that, because I'm sure none of you have asked about unlocking your handheld and other such questions. I have answered many questions where it has been a users first post.

You say it would be my problem if I stopped coming here because of lame questions being asked all the time... what are you going to do when other people who know the answers stop coming here for the same reason... there won't be anyone left to answer your question or any other legitimate question.

I have spent a ton of time over the last few years learning, trial and error. What's wrong with other people doing this? You might say they don't have the resources or know how... then they should read like the thousands of other people here. I am sure for each person who has asked about unlocking a blackberry there have been 10 others who have read and learned the answer. You tell me why that one person couldn't have done the same thing. There's no reason whatsoever.

If people think I am being rude and belittling people, tough. If they are too lazy to spend a bit of time like everyone else has, f. em.

cd.