View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:04 AM   #13
sjt79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW - Love/Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by namson View Post
From your BB, log in to BIS and choose "create a new account" from there. After that, you can edit your signature from either your phone or through the website from your desktop. I did this yesterday and it worked for me.
Sorry, I should have paid better attention. "Create a new account" is very different than "Add a new email address" in the BIS on the BB. As soon as I did this (with a tech support rep who actually knew what she was talking about), I got a warning stating that I will always have to use this user id and password instead of my BB email and password to access BIS from here on in. Once I made a user id and password, I was able to get into the control panel on the computer rather than just the BB.

Now the only two things we (the tech and I) were wondering is why Verizon/RIM would not make it mandatory for you to create that user id when you create a blackberry email account to avoid this confusion and why you are only able to change the signature from the computer and not the handset, when they both have BIS access.

The only thing I'm left wondering is why Verizon/RIM (whoever is responsible for this) makes it so that you can't have an empty signature. If I blank it out, it won't save. If I put just one character in, any character, it saves. Oh well. It's better (to me) than having the whole standard "Sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry".

Thanks everyone for the fast and helpful replies. I'd be lost already without this forum!
Offline   Reply With Quote