Old 03-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #28
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post
@the-economist:

Any book of the Bible that you are quoting, prior to the book of Matthew, does not contain the instructions of Christ that Christians are bound to follow. It contains the history of the Jewish people prior to Christ.
Thanks for the clarification kathryn, appreciated. So what about this?
Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD (Jeremiah 50:21-22) Isn't that the word of god? Sure seems like it.

And someone else advised i complete my research with the New Testament and i'm always ready to follow advice offered in a polite educational manner.
So since i'm holding the good book let's see the new testament.

They disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. (Romans 1:29)

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me (Luke 19:26)

It really seems to make no difference what book i pick up. I'm always instructed clearly to kill in the name of god.
Offline   Reply With Quote