View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 05:50 AM   #2
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulblackberry View Post
1. How to track the progress of activation/synchronization? As mentioned above, although activation is at 0%, the calendar is being populated with entries. Is the MAGT log a better indicator of progress than the BB device screen? Is there a way to determine what item in the service desktop is causing the sync to proceed slowly?
IMHO when it's slow but working, you don't get much useful info from either. TBH the stuff we mentioned in your similar post last week is about as much as you can get. Yes the logs do show a bit more than the BB but generally there isn't tons you can do with that data if things are progressing. Searches on here for most of those working messages will result in the same responses "be patient and evetually pull the battery if you feel the need". I don't think you can determine exactly what the cause is at a deeper level, as usually the service book delete fix or battery pull is suggested and works, which says to me that you can't get that granular (but I could well be wrong).

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulblackberry View Post
2. What could cause the absence of some e-mails on the user's BB? The user has no filters set up on BB and other users' e-mails are passing through the BES server with no problems.
TBH it's usually not a BB fault, it's a perception fault. The BB will sync a copy of the mbx from the mail server, based on watching that mbx using standards. If the email client (outlook) is used to change the contents in a non-"standard" way, the BB can't sync that change. What you describe is always down to hard deletes, moving/delivering to PST or similar (assuming we are talking about the inbox here).