Old 07-21-2009, 01:16 AM   #144
ani
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMark View Post
I've downloaded the trial, even though I have zero chance at purchasing it at this price point. After using it, I've determined that this isn't really a threaded SMS application at all.

A threaded SMS application works similar to the way BB Messenger works. This application doesn't work like that. For example, if you delete a single SMS reply, it is deleted from the "body" of the SMS thread. This is the way SMS currently works on a Blackberry. So what exactly is this application giving us? Not a damn thing, other than the nice user interface. So........ for $15, you get some eye candy. Makes it an even bigger ripoff.
Mark - you are right. It is not (yet) and it is not intended to be a true threaded SMS app. The app gives a UI and a Usability enhancement to your native SMS app. Some people are ok with the plain text format, no indicators for incoming and outgoing sms etc. And there are people who love to have a graphic background and other enhancements while reading, and things like Smiley and templates while composing. Depends on people. Attached are some screenshots.

Thanks,
Ani.
Attached Images
File Type: png sms.png (24.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: gif screenshot_51.gif (27.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: gif screenshot_3.gif (64.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: gif svincrepic.gif (51.0 KB, 3 views)
Offline   Reply With Quote