View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #33
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

for me so far it boils down to what you want. here's my breakdown if your interested.

BB is great for email, iphone is ok as the keyboard if fine (no typing problems for me) it does take some time if it misses a poll i guess. +1 BB
The iphone is definitely faster when it comes to menus. This is more important than you think, after using it I get frustrated with 8800. +1 iphone
Browsing is better on iphone as the browser and wifi really make it a step forward. +1 iphone
Media is hands down to the iphone, as said the speed of the menus comes into play here alot, very fast like most ipods. +1 iphone
Contacts are not as good on iphone as you cannot search, you need to choose a starting letter and then search manually for the name. +1 BB
Calendars are about the same, for me i dont any advantages. -
Phone quality i see both as very good, voice and reception are the same for me. Bluetooth using the same earpieces are same. -
GPS of course would be nice on iphone, i like having it and use it a couple times a week. +1 BB
I would add adding wireless media is big thing for me as i subscribe to 7 podcasts (video/audio) and to get these whenever ota will be great. wifi music store this month sometime. +1 iphone
3rd party apps for the BB are great, just need to look at the GPS section to see the guys building apps in there. +1 BB

this is for me as i do not IM so i have no comments on that. the surprise was the keyboard, i have seen so many people say how bad it is but it took me some time to get used to the 8800 from 7290, i dont think its a decision killer at all. Stability is something the BB is known for but i do have to say as many battery pulls as I have done its not perfect. Iphone, my two coworkers dont even know how to reset the things and they are 2 months old, no problems there i guess. It does have a hard and soft reset.

+4 iphone / +4 BB it all about what you want, but i do see the appeal.

The biggest thing for me was the speed of the phone, very impressive OS.
I'm sure i'll get slammed for this but its my opinion.