Old 03-05-2011, 05:09 AM   #5
crestedpigeon

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Curve
Default Re: Can't turn my blackberry on

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
The battery does not recharge in a few minutes so it may be defective. The green led light indicates a full charge. There are vendors on the forum site that will sell you a new battery. One suggestion is only use an original OEM( Blackberry) battery.
The LED has never been green before though, even when the battery was fully recharged. The light stopped flashing when the battery gauge got to orange on my phone. I fully charged it up last night (it took about 2 hours to charge) and then switched it off, I switched it on again this morning and it is still 100% charged so I might have left the phone all day yesterday by mistake, but that still doesn't really explain how the battery drained to 0 because it was on standby the whole time if it was on.
I am already only using the original BB battery, but I have always noticed that the battery seems to drain pretty quickly. When I am not using it that much, it takes about 2-3 days before I need to recharge it, and when I am searching the net and playing games on it for a while, it might drain within about 3 or 4 hours.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I will get a new battery if the problem happens again.

Last edited by crestedpigeon; 03-05-2011 at 05:10 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote