View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 03:35 PM   #6
kirson
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

The loose battery door and plasticy feeling are a bit wierd - then again, as a result the unit is so light/flimsy that when dropped on concrete it just skids a bit and keeps on working (unless you hit the screen - then it's a whole 'nother story...).

Only 2 (minor) complaints:

1. The keyboard is a tiny bit more cramped than the 72xx models - it is still WAY better than the Treo, or the 71xx family of Blackberries, but it's just not quite as absolutely fabulous as the 72xx models.

2. As with the 71xx family of Blackberries, the highly reflective screen requires the backlight to be ALWAYS ON when using the device - as a result, you burn battery by simply viewing emails or playing games or whatever. On the 72xx series, with the backlight off and without making phone calls you could read and write emails and play games for A WEEK between charges. On the 87xx models, with the backlight on, I think you probably get somewhere between 5 and 10 hours of screen-on ACTIVE use of the device before it runs out of power. I like to browse the web and catch up on the news in bed before going to sleep - combined with a few games of Sudoku, I can burn quite a bit of power. The extended battery helps A LOT!

That being said, this is the absolutely best all around Blackberry, PDA, Converged Device I have ever owned - and I have owned almost all of them...

Just my $0.02.
Ian

Last edited by kirson; 07-13-2006 at 03:39 PM..