View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Default BESUserAdminService for Domino Error -55: could not determine client role

Please Login to Remove!

I use the BESUserAminService on pretty much every server I touch; its great for reporting, tinkering, and for our homegrown web application that does device provisioning, management, and reporting ...

I have no problems with any installation on any Exchange implementation but have a problem with all Domino installations ...

Using BES 4.1 SP3 & SP4 (and matching UserAdminService) I login to the server as my account, install the service, start it up, and everything works correctly. I connect to it using:

BESUserAdminClient -p password -servers -stats

and it works great. The problem is ... I can't run the service as my account; it needs to run as Local System; like the Lotus Domino service runs as. (corporate policy)

When I change the service to run as Local System, and then export / import the reg keys from: HKCU\Software\Research in Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Admin
to: HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Research in Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Admin

and then start the service it starts without an issue.

I then execute the same command and I receive the: "Error -55: could not determine client role" error ... I checked KB11097 ... and no dice.

I've added the computer object granting it permission to the SQL databasse and still no dice.

if I modify my command to:

BESUserAdminClient -p password -servers -stats -SQLUSER sa -SQLPASS password

it works perfectly fine. Unfortunately this isn't really acceptable to me ... and I wouldn't think I would need this since I enter in the SQL credentials during the BESUserAdminService install ... tried it both using windows auth and sql auth; same result.

I'm going to open up a case with T-Support as this is really bugging me now ... anyone got suggestions; I'm sick of searching here and at RIMs site on this. Any help / insight would be appreciated.

Last edited by hdawg; 12-13-2007 at 01:43 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote