View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Why do you still use a BlackBerry?

No I'm not using BB because BB is giving control to Google. BB is simply not keeping up with the OS required to allow users to use the apps they want when they want.
Yes Google is talking control of the apps on the play store just like Apple is on their app site. my issue is why all of a sudden we have an obsolete phone and the manufacturer does not care to do any updates. to sell new phones? When a manufacturer obsoletes a phone in 4 years all it indicates is they are pushing new models. When Apple designed the I-phone with a battery that is not user replaceable it was done to sell new versions. It is estimated better that 70 percent of users will upgrade when their phone has problems like a battery that does not last long. my last replacement battery cost $5. A lot less than a new phone

my problem with the google play store is they wont even let a user download the app unless the phone meets their spec's. A lot of apps were downloaded before and tried on phones and the users found a way make them work. I suspect the new Android OS allows a lot more user info to be used by Google and the older OS did not.
The release date for the Z10 was 2013 and your Q20 was 2014 so it may be next.