Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Email deleting question

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor1 View Post
interesting. the os on my q10 shows 10.1.0.2030 and each time i've checked it shows i have the most current version.
As far as I know, no carrier officially supports 10.2 yet, so you won't get upgraded to 10.2 now when you check on your Q10 for the latest software. In fact the maintenance upgrade for 10.1 only started to be rolled our a few weeks back.
10.2 has been out in beta for some time. As someone who would not go a month without loading up the latest OS on my 9900 this is quite a change for me to stick with my carrier's OS update schedule. However BB10 is quite a departure from legacy BB OSs and the updating of the OS to a beta version or even to an OS supported by another carrier is quite a different process than that for OS 7.1 and earlier.

I agree with you that not being able to just delete messages from the handset and leave them on the server is a significant issue. I used to keep my 9900 mailbox very clean. Equally annoying to needing to keep messages on my BB in order not to delete from my office Outlook, is needing to keep personal messages on my BB from my personal e-mail account. Hopefully OS 10.2 will correct this.
Offline   Reply With Quote