View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
tickerguy

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: What Apps Are You Desperately Missing on The Z10?

A converted Android app is the same as a sideloaded app.

I agree that we should not need to sideload; what's outrageous is that the time to convert an Android app (if the conversion works) is literally under a minute, and once converted it can be either submitted to BB World or sideloaded.

The original developer can (of course) submit it to BB World. Obtaining a devkey for the process takes 2 minutes of time (and about a half-hour to come back in your email from Blackberry) and once you have the signing keys from Blackberry actually converting an app that is "clean" is a seconds-long proposition.

The app developers who have apps that DO convert cleanly really have no argument for not doing so; the proper thing for owners of these devices to do is to relentlessly hammer these devs.

If it took hours, days or weeks to go through the process and had a fee involved I could see the business case for not doing it unless you saw a "sufficient market." But that's simply not the case -- I have two apps that I wanted to use, both complex, that are NOT on BBWorld and it literally took me less than a minute each to convert them.

They run perfectly.

Last edited by tickerguy; 03-17-2013 at 05:52 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote