Old 03-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA
Default Re: Gmail copy to self on BB10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranmanek View Post
Does this z10 have pushmail?? Some rumours spreading that there's no pushmail service with z10.. Or is that lotus mail? Please help.. I'm planning to upgrade my bb next week
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
The Z10 does not need or use BIS to access BlackBerry services. I'm running mine with a standard Rogers PAYG smartphone account.

The Hub is a free standing email client like ThunderBird, so the Z10 doesn't use the BIS infrastructure to fetch mail for it. So in terms of your existing BlackBerry push mail system the answer is no.

What the Z10 does support, if your email provide uses IMAP is the IMAP IDLE state. In this mode the server notifies the device in real time when changes happen to the mail box. The Z10 actions new mail immediately so new messages arrive essentially as fast as they used to as long as the email service is IMAP. Similar performance is achieved through Active Sync.

If you have email accounts with providers that only support POP3 you will notice delays. There is an application that will poll your POP3 accounts more rapidly if you need that but there are battery and data usage issues that you would need to consider.

Some, myself included, find this a much better situation. Others prefer the way pre-BB10 email worked.