View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #18
Matrix Leader
No longer Registered.

Model: 9780
Carrier: DU
Default Re: Torch Vs. Bold 9700 Series With OS6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
If the Torch is not your cup of tea, then great for you. To really give a new device a fair trial, you need to give it more than a few days. IMO, the key are not as prominent as on the 9700 but the dimensions of the keys are almost the same. Having owned a 9700, it took very little getting used to. Effort equals reward. You get out of something only what you are willing to put into it. If I were concerned about keeping a device, the keyboard would be very low on the list. Larger issues like the OS, the browser or processor would be of more concern in my decision. To each his own, I have owned the Torch since launch day and in my first few days, I was more impressed with the improvements over my 9700 both hardware and software. I spent more time going through all the menus and seeing the more organized and intuitive menus. With every new device, especially one with a newer OS, notice that I did not say radically different, that there are going to be issues. I got the Torch because I wanted a touchscreen and a physical keyboard. The virtual one is not what I was expecting but I find the landscape virtual keyboard to be adequate for when I actually use it. Again, I am practicing on it and getting better every day but I am glad to have the physical one.
To each his own, I hate touch screen keyboards.

I however do like pressing the icons on the menu via the touch screen, that's about the only thing you can really do with a touch screen.

Try browsing on these forums using the tourch screen and tell me how many times you enter the wrong thread! You can never get to the right thread! it is not usable! nice toy that doesn't really work the way it was intended to.
Offline   Reply With Quote