View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #31
treaclle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Jimmie, have you been in touch with Microsoft and/or RIM regarding this issue? It doesn't seem possible to contact RIM without paying for the privilege! Is this a RIM bug or a MS bug?

The reason I ask is that this error has happened to me 3 times now... twice in the last couple of weeks. It's kinda annoying having to delete all those files in my App Data folder each time and rebuild all my sync preferences.

Has anyone done any testing to get repeatable steps that lead to the error? I've got a funny feeling it's something to do with editing and synchronizing recurring appointments, but I can't be sure without some thorough testing. Unfortunately I just don't have the time. Does anyone else have this suspicion?

For me it's definitely a calender issue. Just for the record, my standard config is two-way sync, transfer items within range 90 prior and 270 after today, remove alarm for past items unchecked. Trying the one way syncs doesn't stop the error, and neither does syncing future items only. Don't really know how else to test it! If anyone has any brainwaves or can do some testing, do share.

I'm sure we can crack this one together! Even if we can't find a solution, it would be great to find the cause of the problem so we can all avoid it and the inconvenience it creates for us.

Cheers guys.

Alex =)
Offline   Reply With Quote