Thread: Bes 4.1.3 (sp3)
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 04:48 PM   #13
abakcuh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks...Just completed a nightmare of an upgrade to my environment. Upgraded from 4.0.5 to 4.1.1 with zero problems...Upgraded to SP3 and the wheels fell off. Imediately after installing the upgrade it wanted to upgrade the db. I received the great useless message of "db upgrade failed: error executing an sql statement" Spoke with RIM last night at midnight and am told that I can create a new database to complete the install of the SP and switch afterwards to my database. If they tell you this run..I was on the phone for 4 hours with RIM before getting this resolved. I had to uninstall everything. Then had to install 4.1.2 on the servers only to have the same error occur. I next received a sql script from RIM that will remove extra tables and repair the database. This had to be run about three times as well as reducing the log file and setting the db to the grow to max size. (Current db is 500mb) This followed by manually upgrading the database using Createdb.exe before setup would continue. I am up and running now on SP2 HF3. I might eventually go to SP3 but am a little gun shy at the momment