Old 04-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #8
sakaike

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
On your phone dial:

*61*+1XXXXXXXXXX*11*tt#

Where XXXXXXXXXX is your market's VM number and tt is the time in seconds you want the phone to ring for. I believe valid range is 1-30!

Remember to use the + right before your voicemail number. Do not input more than 30 seconds because you could have some problems of calls never reaching voice mail. Just type it in and hit send/call and you should get some sort of confirmation message. Then try it. I believe the default setting is 15 seconds.
I don't post often, (as you can tell), but I believe that I have discovered an unintended consequence of the instructions provided above.

I have a 8700c on Cingular, and am using the Bharti 4.1 OS. I entered the string exactly as instructed above to lengthen the time to 30 seconds. When testing, it appeared to work, but when the system eventually did pick up after 30 seconds, I received a generic Cingular voicemail message.

Upon further investigation on these boards (I know where the Search button is), it turns out that the *61* sequence is associated with turning on Call Forwarding on the Rogers system (and maybe others as well). Consequently, I had to disable the Call Forwarding in order to get my normal voicemail greeting back. In doing so, I also lost the 30 seconds lengthened ring time.

Bottom line: This didn't work for my phone configuration. If anyone has any tips or advice, please let me know. Thanks.