View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
I've been in a similar situation, I've wanted to sit in on services to see how I felt, but have never had the courage to go. A friend has offered to take me to her church, but I won't go to hers as the women are not allowed to speak and cannot show their hair, and that's not something I believe in.

Try it with the smaller church, see how you feel, if you still don't like it, let her know.

Honesty is the best policy. If your both good people, you can both learn to accept each other for how you are and let each other be. She can still go without you.
That's another thing, I don't know too much about the religion, their policies, etc. So that doesn't help with the feeling out of place. They have a lot of prayers that she and the other members have memorized and I had no idea what they were. I would like to try going to a smaller church to see if that would be an easier pill to swallow, so to speak.

She definitely knows how I feel about it, and she continues to go alone. I would just like to show her that I can be supportive of her in other areas of her life, even if it's something that I don't fully understand.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote