View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
jblount

Model: 7100t
Default desktop manager crashes repeatedly on calendar sync via USB

Many of our users (with several different Blackberry models) are also experiencing repeated crashes since the upgrade to Desktop Manager 4.2sp1, which we installed as part of the US Daylight Saving change. Once the software crashes, the sync will not work again for that user (typically hanging on the same Outlook calendar entry) until something drastic is done. We've gone as far as uninstalling Desktop Manager, removing related folders and Registry entries, then reinstalling. No matter the method of correction, the problem resurfaces again soon. I'm hoping for a better answer, but for now, I've advised my users of the following steps that they can take:

Connect the Blackberry and open Desktop Manager (your shortcut could be named something else.)
As soon as you have the option, click Cancel to stop the automatic synchronization.
Double-click the "Backup and Restore" icon in Desktop Manager.
Click the "Advanced" button.
On the right side, under "Device Databases", select Calendar,
then click the "Clear" button.
Click OK to confirm deletion of the entire calendar on the Blackberry (no effect in Outlook.)
Click "Close" twice.
Double-click the "Synchronize" icon in Desktop Manager, then click the "Synchronize now" button.
Click "Close" and exit the Desktop Manager.
Offline   Reply With Quote