View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #329
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: BBFileScout - copy, move, rename, (un)zip or delete files & directories...

Hello emacf1,

Are you familiar with the popular Dropbox application? We already know the Dropbox official application does not support Upload/Download from SD card. (This has been a major complaint of BlackBerry users of Dropbox app)

Would you be willing to add Dropbox upload/download support to BBFileScout? The Dropbox API is publicly available:
Is it possible to obtain source code to BlackBerry Dropbox? « Dropbox Forums
I am considering writing an app (I am a BlackBerry developer), but I'd rather you as FileScout developer, do this instead...

It probably will be quick for you to add an "Upload File to Dropbox" and "Download File from Dropbox" -- probably a project that takes you only 1 day to do. Also, Dropbox currently has no plans to add this feature to their official application, at this time... Dropbox is not even listed in the BlackBerry App World, you could become the first app to have a hit for the search keyword "dropbox" - more profit for your app. This is the #1 most popular feature request for Dropbox for BlackBerry. You can do it!

Cheers,
Mark Rejhon
Offline   Reply With Quote